The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at a secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018-19 Important Dates
Last Date Extended till 18th November, 2018 for BEd
- Deadline for Submission of Application Form: 15th November 2018 Now it is 18 November 2018
- Date of IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2019, which will be conducted in January 2019 (shortly)
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have possessed following eligibility criteria defined by IGNOU for B.Ed. Program:
- (a) At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science & Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto (AND).
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- (b) (i) Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- (ii) Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Govt.
- The Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and War window candidates will be provided as per University Rules.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Program Fee
Program Fee is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire Program.
Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. programme are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of Fee
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.
The candidate will be required to submit the filled-in application form with self-attested copies of documents as specified in Entrance-cum-Admission Form. The original documents are to be submitted later for verification, after receiving offer letter for admission.
The Entrance Test will be held on the date mentioned in the advertisement. Hall tickets will be uploaded on IGNOU website; www.ignou.ac.in for appearing in the Entrance Test.
Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission to the programme shall be subject to their rank in the merit list in the Entrance Test and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of last date of submission of application for admission to B.Ed. programme along with original certificates and programme fee.
The number of seats of each PSC is limited to 50 only. The university reserves the right to conduct the examination at different centers/change the examination centre of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
Availability of Student Handbook & Prospectus
Student Handbook and Prospectus for Management Program, B.Ed. Application Form and Prospectus can also be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in
The candidates will be required to submit only the filled-in application form with all attested documents as mentioned in the Entrance cum Admission Form at the concerned Regional Centre along with Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- as application fee in favour of IGNOU payable at the concerned Regional Centre.
Price of Prospectus
- Rs.1000/- (Including Registration Fee) (Rs.1000/- at counter and Rs.1050/- by post)
- Last date to submit filled-in application form to the concerned Regional Centre will be the date mentioned in the advertisement
- Form is also available at www.ignou.ac.in
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
(The People’s University), Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in
Related to the programmes & courses offered by IGNOU, their eligibility, duration, admission process, study centres etc. and specific queries related to the courses like B.Com. (F&A), B.Com. (C&A), B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Ed., MBA, M.Ed, PhD etc. please contact the Student Service Centre, at
011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514
Online Admissions Related Technical Problems
For specific and technical problems related to online admission, submission of online applications, online payment, payment error, uploading documents etc. please contact at