IGNOU admission 2018-2019 Session – The university offers admission to the learners in its various programmes twice in a year i.e. in January and July academic sessions. These programmes include Master Degree (MBA, MCA, MA, M.Sc., M. Com, MTM, MSW), Bachelor Degree (BDP,B.Com, BA, B.Sc., BCA, BTS, BBARL, B.Ed), Diploma, Bachelor Preparatory, Certificate, M.Phil, PhD, etc.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the biggest Open distance learning Universities in the world was established in 1985 and currently offers 227 academic programmes through 67 Regional Centres spread across the country. It has established its centres in many parts of the world. The learners who are registered with the university and pursuing various distance learning courses are also huge in number.
For 2018-2019 session, the online registration for most of the courses usually commences in the month of June and December/ January every year and ends in the last week of February. However, for some specific courses, the last date of admission may vary.
Those seeking admission can apply through the IGNOU Online admission portal within the stipulated time. Candidates can also pre-register for certain UG, PG and Research courses offered by IGNOU before within the stipulated time through the IGNOU re-registration portal. For admission to most of the IGNOU courses offered by the University, candidates are shortlisted for admission on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying degree. However, in case of some specific courses, the University conducts an admission test for the selection of students.
As per the semester examinations, IGNOU Delhi conducts Term-end Examination twice a year in the months of June & December. For more information regarding online admission process and admit card issued by the university, students should check IGNOU Online Admission. The last date to submit applications for June 2018 session is 30th June 2018.
IGNOU Admission 2018common_pros2017-min 2
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first-time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of the programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2017-2018 and read carefully the Rules of the University(Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “Log in” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Steps for filling Online form:
- Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Re-registration system and then login with your UserName (Enrolment Number) and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Fill course details i.e. selection of the optional/Elective Courses from available groups
- Save your selections and click on next button, confirm your details and check the self-declaration box and click on the “Accept & Proceed Payment” button.
- Pay your Re-registration fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking :-
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of the fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
- Payment by Net banking: If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB)
Once you have made the payment and click the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Application fee can be paid through online mode. Students can pay the application fee by using their debit card (Master/Visa/Rupay)/ credit card (Master/Visa)/ internet banking and ATM card (PNB). The application fee will be Rs. 200/- through online mode.
The IGNOU eligibility criteria for all offered courses are listed below:
- For UG courses: Students have to pass or appearing the 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board.
- For PG courses: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream from any recognized college or university.
- For MBA: In order to get admission in MBA programme, students have to complete their graduate degree.
- Appearing Students: Those studying in final year of their graduation degree can also apply.
- The exam pattern & syllabus will vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- Candidates can check their syllabus and exam pattern according to their opt course.
- The general topics covered in the entrance exams are attitude, quantitative analysis, logical reasoning, GK, etc.
Steps to fill IGNOU Online Re-Registration Form
- Go to the homepage of the IGNOU Online Re-registration website
- In the applicant login area click on the “Apply online Re-Registration Form” button
- Select your course option
- Enter your enrolment number (nine characters)
- Then enter the “Captcha” image in the text box and click on the submit button. To check process, information related to IGNOU Online Re-Registration Form, application process check here. For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website
Online Admissions Related Technical Problems
For specific and technical problems related to online admission, submission of online applications, online payment, payment error, uploading documents etc. please contact at
011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514
011-29572514 between 9.30AM – 6.00 PM (Monday to Friday).