Applications are invited for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes for the July 2019 session. The Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the biggest Open distance learning Universities in the world was established in 1985 and currently offers 227 academic programmes through 67 Regional Centres spread across the country. It has established its centres in many parts of the world. The learners who are registered with the university and pursuing various distance learning courses are also huge in number. Students who fill forms for Ph.D or M.Phil can download the admit card form 1 April 2019. Students have to report at reporting time and read all the instructions carefully before going for the examination.
Note: Kindly print Hall Ticket and report to the Examination Center. Reporting Time is 9:15 AM and entry is not permitted after 10:30 AM. Candidate cannot leave before 11:00 AM.
Important Dates –
- Last date for submission of online application – 25th March 2019
- Entrance Test – 7 th April 2019
- Declaration of Result (tentative) – 3 rd May 2019
- Admit Card download : 1 st April 2019.
Eligibility Criteria For M.PHIL./Ph.D.
- Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/ Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19th September,1991] excluding grace marks.
- (a) Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks [50%marks in the case of SC,ST and OBC(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19th September,1991].
- Stage 1: Entrance Test
- Stage 2: Interview/ Presentation
- Application fee of Rs. 1,000/-
Note: Fees is non-refundable under any circumstances.
IGNOU Application Forms for M.Phil./Ph.D. 2019
- Your Admission to the Entrance test is provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility conditions laid down by the University.
- Please bring BLUE / BLACK Ball Point Pen for marking the Answers in the OMR Sheet.
- Please retain your Admit Card with you.
- Your candidature for admission to the Research degree programme will be rejected if:
- This Hall Ticket is not produced at the time of interview/admission.
- The Hall Ticket is not countersigned by your Examination Center invigilator.
- You have to bring your valid ID proof PAN CARD/ AADHAR CARD/ DRIVING LICENCE/ VOTER-ID CARD.
- Cell Phone, Pagers, Calculators, Electronic Gadgets are strictly prohibited inside the Examination hall.
- Report the Examination Center 45 minutes before the of a start of Examination starts.
- Your admission to the Research Degree Programme will also be subject to the fulfilment of all the eligibility criteria prescribed for this purpose.
Online Admissions Related Technical Problems
For specific and technical problems related to online admission, submission of online applications, online payment, payment error, uploading documents etc. please contact at
011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514
011-29572514 between 9.30AM – 6.00 PM (Monday to Friday).