IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is the largest Open University in the world. The university offers a plethora of undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral, certificate and diploma courses through open and distance learning in arts, science and commerce streams. IGNOU offers Master of Arts (MA) in 18 specializations under different schools of the university. Applications are invited for admission to MA program twice a year i.e. in January and July.
Admission open for January 2019 Session.
IGNOU Master level courses are in following streams
IGNOU PG Art Courses
- M.A (Distance Education)
- M.A (Economics)
- M.A (Education)
- M.A (English)
- M.A (Hindi)
- M.A (History)
- M.A (Philosophy)
- M.A (Political Science)
- M.A (Public Administration)
- M.A (Public Policy)
- M.A (Rural Development)
- M.A (Sociology)
- M.A (Sri Aurobindo Studies)
- M.A (Tourism Management)
- M.A in Adult Education
- M.A in Apparel Production Management(IGNOU-Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) Collaboration)
- M.A in Distance Education
- M.A in Electronic Media Production and Management
- M.A in Extension & Development Studies
- M.A in Extension & Development Studies
- M.A in Fashion Retail Management (IGNOU-Institute of Apparel Management (IAM) Collaboration)
- M.A in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- M.A in Gender and Development Studies
- M.A in Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.A in Labour and Development
- M.A in Participatory Development (MAPD) (IGNOU in collaboration with PRIA)
- M.A in Psychology
- M.A in Social Anthropology
- M.A in Translation Studies
IGNOU PG Commerce Courses
- M.Com in Business Policy and Corporate Governance
- M.Com in Finance & Taxation
- M.Com in Management Accounting & Financial Strategies
IGNOU PG Science Courses
- M.Sc (Fashion Merchandizing & Retail Management)
- M.Sc (Footwear Technology)
- M.Sc (Hospitality Administration)
- M.Sc (Leather Goods & Accessories Design)
- M.Sc (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science)
- M.Sc (Visual Merchandizing & Communication Design)
- M.Sc [Creative Designing (CAD/CAM)]
- M.Sc Degree in Dietetics and Food Service Management
- M.Sc in Actuarial Science
- M.Sc in Chemistry
- M.Sc in Clinical Trials
- M.Sc in Counseling and Family Therapy
- M.Sc in Counselling and Family Therapy
- M.Sc in Life Science
- MS in Biotechnology with specialisation in Molecular Medicine
- MS in Biotechnology with specialization in Stem Cell Biology
- MS in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- MS in Software Technologies
IGNOU PG Engineering Courses
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialisation in Inteligent Transportation Systems
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Networking & Telecommunication
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Satellite Communication & Space Systems
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Microelectronics & VLSI Design
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Automotive Engineering & E- Manufacturing
- M.Tech in Cyber Forensic
- M.Tech in IT
- M.Tech Programmes in Embedded System Design and Information Systems Security
IGNOU PG Management Courses
- MBA in Corporate Goverance
- MBA in Financial Markets
- MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA Programme in IT Management
- MBA with specialisation in Services Management
- MBA with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ HR/ Production & Operations Management
- MBA with specialization in Telecom Management
- Executive MBA Hospitality Management
- Master of Business Administration (Banking & Finance)
IGNOU PG Professional Courses
- Master in Social Work (Counselling )
- Master in Social Work (Philanthropy)
- Master of Computer Applications
- Master of Education
- Master of Fine Arts (Painting)
- Master of Intellectual Property Law
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Master of Performing Arts (Bharatnatyam)
- Master of Performing Arts (Hindustani Classical Music)
- Master of Performing Arts (Theatre Arts)
- Master of Social Work
- Masters in Anthropology
- Masters in Applied Integral Studies
- Masters in Future Studies
- Masters in Psychology
- Masters in Vedic Studies
- M.Ed In Special Education – Mental Retardation
- M.ed in Special Education – Hearing Impairment
- M.ed in Special Education – Visual Impairment
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first-time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of the programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2017-2018 and read carefully the Rules of the University(Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “Log in” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Steps for filling Online form:
- Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online Re-registration system and then login with your UserName (Enrolment Number) and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
- Fill course details i.e. selection of the optional/Elective Courses from available groups
- Save your selections and click on next button, confirm your details and check the self-declaration box and click on the “Accept & Proceed Payment” button.
- Pay your Re-registration fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking :-
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of the fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
- Payment by Net banking: If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB)
Once you have made the payment and click the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Related to the programmes & courses offered by IGNOU, their eligibility, duration, admission process, study centres etc. and specific queries related to the courses like B.Com. (F&A), B.Com. (C&A), B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Ed., MBA, M.Ed, PhD etc. please contact the Student Service Centre, at
011-29533869, 29533870, 29572512, 29572513, 29572514
Online Admissions Related Technical Problems
For specific and technical problems related to online admission, submission of online applications, online payment, payment error, uploading documents etc. please contact at